Raisio is an international company specialised in healthy, responsibly produced food and fish feeds. Our well-known brands include, for example, Benecol, Elovena, Sunnuntai, Torino and Benella.
Raisio plc’s Privacy Statement
Updated on 24th October 2019.
Raisio plc and other Raisio Group companies (hereinafter referred to as “Raisio”, “we” or “us”) protect the privacy of its customers, potential customers and people visiting its websites in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement. The Privacy Statement applies to all Raisio’s websites, products and services in connection with which Raisio collects personal data. In addition, Raisio has services and activities in connections with which Raisio informs about the related data processing. Examples of this kind of activities include recruiting and services related to ownership of Raisio’s shares or meetings of Raisio’s shareholders.
In this Privacy Statement, a controller refers to Raisio plc whose contact information can be found at the end of this Privacy Statement.
We describe below how and for what purposes we process your personal data.
Basics of the personal data processing
Personal data processing means, for example, the collection, recording, storage, adaptation or alteration, use, and disclosure by transmission of personal data. We always have a legal ground for processing the personal data, such as
- a contract or an agreement
- an express consent you have given us to use your personal data
- some other justified reason based on the management of our business operations to process your personal data, or
- our statutory obligation to process your personal data.
What personal data do we collect?
We need to ask you for certain personal data so that you can use and offer you our services.
We store the personal data that you have given us, as follows:
- name, email address, phone number, mailing address, sex, date of birth, language
- your consents and prohibitions
- your contacts to our customer service, your messages and feedback
- your participation in our campaigns and competitions
- your personal interests
- your photograph
- your title as well as the name and contact information of the company/employer
- your diet or health information you have given us for the purpose of our events or campaigns
We do not collect or process any sensitive personal information. However, in connection of recruiting or employment, you may have to give us such information. The same applies when we, in the connection of our events and campaigns, ask for information related to your diet or health (e.g. cholesterol levels). We will only use this information for the purpose for which you have given your consent to use it.
In connection of the use of our websites or services, we can also collect the following information in order to improve our services:
- data related to your purchases or other business activities with us, such as orders, deliveries, payment methods and delivery addresses;
- your browser, operating system, device model, IP address, connection setup time and duration or location;
- the websites through which you have accessed our site, pages you have reviewed and your other activity on our site, and
We also receive personal information about you from the third parties in connection of some services and to provide services:
- data collected from public records maintained by public authorities
- data from transport companies
- data acquired from third parties
In principle, Raisio does not collect children’s personal information. Some of our consumer campaigns and competitions are also open to children under the age of 13. We then must obtain expressed consent from the minor’s guardian. We also inform about the personal information processing in the rules of the campaign and/or competition.
How do we use the personal data?
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to offer and market our products and services, such as our newsletter
- to maintain our customer service and customer relationships, such as the processing of customer feedback
- to improve our products and services, for example the analyses through consumer surveys
We may retain your personal data for the period of time necessary for the purpose stated in this Privacy Statement. The retention period is affected by the intended use, for example the management of the customer relationship or the implementation of our agreement.
We will store your personal information longer if the applicable law so determines or permits for the establishment, exercise or defence of legitimate rights.
You can cancel your subscription of Raisio’s newsletter using the link in the message.
Transfer or disclosure of personal information
So that we can take the measures related to the data processing, we will transfer your personal data to such authorised third parties who process information on our behalf on the basis of these terms of privacy and legal agreements. These parties include:
- parties conducting marketing studies and campaigns
- credit check agencies and payment service providers
- transport companies or mailing service providers
- providers of press release and newsletter distribution services
- technical support providers for services
Your personal information is basically not disclosed to third parties. However, according to the applicable law, we may disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
- Raisio Group companies and authorised external parties handling the information on our behalf in accordance with these privacy terms and legal agreements
- public authorities based on legitimate requests
- new owners in connection of business divestments or other arrangements
If we transfer your personal information outside the European Union or the European Economic Area (EEA), the transfer will be made using appropriate agreements between us and the processor/transferee, such as the standard contractual clauses established by the European Commission.
Protection of personal information
Raisio protects the personal data against destruction, loss or alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access as well as other unlawful or unauthorised processing. The measures include, for example, preventing unauthorised access to our systems through a firewall and other protective means. Only specifically appointed employees can access personal data and have the right to process them. This also applies to the third parties operating on our behalf or based on our assignment. All these parties are bound by secrecy obligation.
Your rights related to the personal data processing
You have rights related to the processing of your personal data unless otherwise required in the applicable law.
You have the right:
- to access your personal data in our records and to have a copy of them;
- to have your inaccurate personal data rectified and modified;
- to request for the removal of your personal data, to restrict its use and to object the processing of your data;
- to withdraw your consent to the extent that your personal data are processed based on your consent. You can cancel our direct marketing messages using the cancellation link in the message. However, we may have the right to process your data on another legitimate basis. Furthermore, the withdrawal of consent has no effect on the lawfulness of processing occurred before the reception of withdrawal;
- to require the transfer of your data to another controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
- to file a complaint with the supervisory authority if you believe that your personal data has not been processed in accordance with this Privacy Statement or the law. The supervisory authority’s contact information: Data Protection Supervisor’s Office, PO Box 800, 00521 Helsinki; tel: +358 29 56 66700; tietosuoja(at)om.fi
Before you can use these rights, we may have to ask for additional information in order to confirm your identity. We do not store this additional information and it will be removed when we have confirmed your identity.
In case you want to use your rights, please contact us at the address below. We will process your request as soon as possible and get back to you within 30 days as provided by law.
Changes in the Privacy Statement
Raisio reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement when the legislation changes or to develop its business operations. We will post an updated version of the Privacy Statement on this website. If the changes materially affect the rights of our website or service users, we will notify the users by posting a notice of the changes on the home page of our websites and, if possible, by sending an email.
The Controller’s contact information:
Visiting address: Raisionkaari 55, 21200 Raisio, Finland
Postal address: P.O. Box 101, FI-21201 Raisio, Finland
Telephone: +358 2 443 2111
In matters related to data protection, please contact our customer service by phone +358 2 443 2022 on weekdays 8-11. At other times, you can leave a message on the answering machine or send a message to privacy(at)raisio.com.